The A+ Schools Program was established as part of the Missouri Outstanding Schools Act of 1993 in order to provide incentives for local high schools to raise academic expectations, reduce their drop out rate, establish relationships with the business community, and provide better career pathways to students. Administration of the scholarships
of the A+ Program is coordinated through the Missouri Department of
Higher Education. Additional details can be found by visiting the Missouri Department of Higher Education website at http://dhe.mo.gov/ppc/grants/aplusscholarship.php.
Students who graduate from an A+
designated high school may qualify for a state-paid financial incentive
to attend a public community college or public career or technical school
in Missouri. Some private career & technical schools are also A+
eligible. A rising number of four year colleges are also offering institutionally funded incentives for students who meet A+
A+ Eligibility Criteria includes:
To sign up, please stop by the A+ & Testing Office (#723) and request a registration booklet. Additional questions concerning this program can be directed to Austin Kirby, A+ and Testing Coordinator or Lynn Marshall, A+ & Testing Secretary at Eureka High School.
- Have a signed A+ participant agreement on file in the A+ office.
- Attend an A+ designated high school for three consecutive years immediately prior to graduation.
- Graduate with an unweighted, unrounded GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Maintain at least a 95% cumulative attendance record in grades 9 - 12.
- Achieve the math proficiency requirement with a score of advanced or proficient on the Algebra 1 End of Course Exam.
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring and/or mentoring with Rockwood students under Rockwood staff supervision.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the use of alcohol and unlawful drugs
- Have five or less days of school suspension.
- Make a good faith effort to apply for non-payback financial aid by completing FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Register for Selective Service if applicable.
Rockwood voluntarily chooses to participate in the A+ Schools Program as a commitment to provide all students with a rigorous education that prepares them for college, post/secondary career/technical training, and a high wage job. The Missouri State Board of Education designates A+ status based on program review.