Please read the letter below carefully. The Testing Office will send out new information as it becomes available.
Dear AP Students, Parents, and Staff:
With the recent and impending flood, EHS Administration, the EHS Building Testing Coordinator, the RSD District Testing Coordinator, and the College Board met this morning to plan a modified testing schedule.
Most importantly, please remember that all of the scheduling decisions are tied to the College Board and to meeting their testing requirements. We are able to delay tests only during specific times set by the College Board, and there are no exceptions. We also took graduation and Senior Celebration into consideration and have designed a schedule that addresses all of these limitations and provides students with the best opportunity to have a successful testing experience.
Below are several scenarios of a new testing schedule depending on when we return to school. We apologize for the lack of information about the locations; we will know more after the water recedes. Please read carefully.
- If school resumes on Tuesday, May 2nd, the Spanish, Art History, and Physics I finals will still take place as will the rest of the scheduled AP tests for the remainder of the sessions. The Chemistry, Environmental Science, and Psychology tests that were scheduled for Monday, May 1st will be during the following dates and times:
- Chemistry: Thursday, May 25th at 8:00 am, location TBD
- Environmental Science: Wednesday, May 17th at noon, location TBD
- Psychology: Friday, May 19th, 8:00 am, location TBD
- If school is out again tomorrow, Tuesday, May 2nd, the tests below will be added to the new schedule listed above:
- Spanish: Thursday, May 18th at noon, location TBD
- Art History: Friday, May 26th at 8:00 am, location TBD
- Physics I: Friday, May 26th at noon, location TBD
- If school does not resume until Thursday, May 4th, Wednesday's tests will be added to the new schedule:
- English Lit: Wednesday, May 24th at 8:00 am, location TBD
- Physics II: Wednesday, May 24th at noon, location TBD
- If we are out of school until Friday, Thursday's tests will be added:
- US Gov't and Politics: Wednesday, May 17th at 8:00 am, location TBD
- AP Studio Art students: Your deadline for submission has been pushed back to May 12th. Your teacher will be in touch with you.
If we are out all week, we will add Friday's
tests to the new schedule as well, but we will not send that schedule until it is a reality. When we have a definitive idea of how many days we will be out, we will send you a chart with all of the above information that may be easier to reference.
Below are FAQs from our district testing office; hopefully, the answers will clarify any confusion or concerns:
We will be in communication frequently as we have new information. Of course, the safety of our students is our first priority. Please keep the families whose homes are directly affected by the flood in your thoughts.