Students from the Class of 2020 had several opportunities to order a Class Rings this week. We realize not everyone was able to get the process completed and have arranged for Josten's to come back for one additional date: Tuesday, February 27th during all three lunch shifts and after school from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm. This will be the last opportunity for ring orders this year. Your student received a packet of information to bring home and share with families earlier this month. If you have questions or need additional information, please attend on 2/27/18. You may also preview information at jostens.com
Please note important dates listed below regarding class rings:
FINAL Ring Order Day: Tuesday, Feb. 27 during all 3 lunch shifts, EHS Commons
FINAL Parent Information/Order Night: Tuesday, Feb. 27 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm, EHS Commons
Ring Ceremony: Thursday, April 19 7:00 am - 8:00 am, EHS Large Theater**
**Families are invited to attend the Ring Ceremony on 4/19/18 at 7:00 am in the Large Theater.
The Class of 2020 will receive information next week about class rings. Josten's will present this information to the entire sophomore class and during that meeting, each student will receive a packet of information to bring home and share with families.
Please note important dates listed below regarding class ring orders:
Sophomore Class Meeting: Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2nd hour, Large theater
Ring Order Days: Tuesday and Wednesday, Feb. 13 and 14 during all 3 lunch shifts, EHS Commons
Parent Information Night: Tuesday, Feb. 13 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm, EHS Commons
Ring Ceremony: Thursday, April 19 7:00 am - 8:00 am, EHS Large Theater
You may also preview information at jostens.com
Congratulations on this exciting milestone!
2018-2019 ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Course Description Guide
There will be several changes to the Enrollment Process for the 2018-2019 School Year. Please take time to read through the enrollment paperwork you receive in the US Mail.
- The second week of the first semester (week of Jan 9th), current 9th, 10th, and 11th-grade students at EHS will receive a packet in the mail containing specific information about enrolling for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Course description guides are no longer being printed, but are available through the link at the top of this post.
- Videos that outline classes in specific departments are available through the course enrollment link at the top of this post. Please look at these videos and speak to your current teachers regarding questions you may have about specific courses.
- Practice Course Worksheets are included in the enrollment mailing and may also be found on enrollment page.
- Students may use the practice worksheet as a guide for picking classes. Use this worksheet to enter your requested courses into Infinite Campus.
- The Infinite Campus Portal opens January 19th at 7 am and closes January 29th at 4 pm. Please make sure to enter all courses and alternates by this deadline.
During the month of February, ALL students will meet individually with their counselor to discuss course selection, graduation requirements and appropriate placement. Please wait until that time to make an appointment with your counselor pertaining to 2018-2019 scheduling.
Is your child stressed about taking the ACT? If so, practice can make a huge difference in the outcome of an ACT score. In an effort to support students interested in practicing for the ACT, EHS is offering the chance to take a practice ACT at an extremely low cost.
On Saturday, January 20th, the EHS Renaissance Program is sponsoring a PRACTICE ACT test at the low cost of $10. The test will be administered in the Eureka High School Library by the Sylvan Learning Center from 9:00 A.M. to 12:15 P.M.
NOTE: Students who plan to take the test need to bring several #2 pencils that are NOT mechanical and their own calculator.
Students may complete the form below and return it to the Main Office to Mrs. Meyer, 10th-grade secretary by Friday, January 19.
ACT Practice Exam Form.pdf
As we approach the final weeks of school this semester I want to encourage everyone to stay focused on a strong, academic finish. Many students will be able to exempt one of course final, provided they meet the "exemption requirement" for that class.
I sent an email to all 10 - 12 students explaining the process (below) they will need to follow to exempt a final exam, if eligible.
- Check with your teacher to determine if you are eligible to exempt.
- If eligible, complete and submit the Exemption Form before the deadline of Thursday, December 14 at 11:55 pm.
- Check with your teacher to ensure you are STILL exempt from the exam before that scheduled exam takes place.
If you have questions, please let me know and GOOD LUCK to everyone on their exams!
Homecoming is a special time at EHS and our students LOVE IT! Many events occur throughout the week culminating in our football game and dance. Be sure to ask your child about each day's activities! From Class Spirit games to Powder Puff and more! It's a great week to be a WildCat! For additional information about the Homecoming Dance please check the EHS website.
Monday, September 25th is a Late Start day and also the day your 10th-grade child will participate in the new Pre-ACT assessment produced by ACT (Testing Schedule below). The Pre-ACT provides a unique practice experience for taking the ACT test.
All Rockwood students in their 11th-grade year of high school participate in the Statewide ACT. Pre-ACT results give students, parents, and educators valuable insights into students' predicted performance on the ACT as they plan for a future that aligns with their interests.
The Pre-ACT also includes the ACT Interest Inventory to help students begin thinking about careers and college majors.
We hope all families will discuss the importance of the Pre-ACT with their child and ensure they have proper rest and nutrition in the days leading up to the assessment.
PRE ACT TEST - Sophomores
Super proud of the Science department! Many teachers started the day with 6 BIG questions:
- What are you passionate about?
- How do you want to be recognized?
- What do you feel is your greatest strength?
- What name do you want to use in this class?
- What will a successful school year look like and feel like for you?
- What are the characteristics or attributes you need in a teacher?
EHS has three lunch shifts designated by your 4th-hour teacher. Look at your class schedule for the LAST NAME of your 4th-hour teacher. Then, find that name on the list below to determine what shift you eat.
Lunch shift times
A Lunch: 10:55am - 11:26am
B Lunch: 11:26am - 11:56am
C Lunch: 11:56am - 12:26pm
Ruocco (group 1)
Ruocco (group 2)