The South Tech enrollment process has changed this year, and enrollment is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER for the 2016-2017 school year. The first round of admission will be held the third week of November. However, to be eligible for this round the Tech Admission Counselor must first meet with students and gather their paperwork to make sure they meet Admissions requirements. The first two rounds, will fill programs by 20% each round. In January, Tech will completely fill the remaining 60% of seats with eligible applicants and move to waitlists. For students to have the best opportunity of being admitted to their top choice program at South Tech, it is very important that they apply now. This can be done by going to the South Tech website: www.SouthTechnical.org. Please inform your EHS Counselor once you have applied.
For any student interested in attending South Tech this Spring, there are still two open programs:
1) Construction Innovations
2) Motorcycle and Small Engine Technology
Since Construction Innovations is a program that students rotate through quarterly, current JUNIORS and SENIORS may apply to this program. Current JUNIORS may apply to Motorcycle and Small Engine Technology.
The South Tech Fall Open House will be Thursday, November 3rd from 4:30-7:30.
Please contact your EHS counselor if you have any questions—thank you!
They made it through nearly 4 hours of the ACT. The whole junior class to the Practice ACT today, and they found out what it's all about. Results of the test will be available very soon, and students took their test booklets home with them after the exam. Some quick lessons learned:
- Bring a jacket! The gym is a big area and fluctuates in temperature over the course of the exam
- Bring a calculator! We don't have enough to loan out to students
- The test is LONG! We did not administer the writing portion which is another 40 minte test
The kids were great! I hope they got/get a lot out of today's experience!
Juniors need not sign up ahead of time or pay a fee for the Practice ACT on 9/14! It's all taken care of through Eureka High School.
Have a great Labor Day Weekend!
From where I sit, it's been a great 1st two weeks of school! I hope it's been the same for you and your family.
On Wednesday, September 14th, all juniors will be taking the Practice ACT. It's just like it reads; from timing to questions, this exam is exactly like the real ACT test. Results will be available for you and your student within days of taking the test. Here are the basics of how September 14th will work:
- All juniors will be testing in Gym A and the Team Room from 8:15 - 12:00ish
- Juniors will eat third lunch
- Juniors will be in attendance for all of hours 5-7
- The bell schedule will not change that day
- No make up day; if students are absent on the 14th, they miss out on taking the test
All Juniors will still be taking the ACT in April.
Welcome to Junior year students and parents! I hope the first two days have gone well for everyone. Today we met as a class and talked about expectations for the upcoming year. We talked about rules and regulations, but, more imporantly, we talked about Junior year being a challenge, and we will all rise up to the challenge. I have attached the presentation here.Junior Class Meeting PP SEM 1 2016-2017.pptx
The video clip at the end sums up my philosophy with the Junior Class.
Any time of year, please contact me with any questions or concerns! I am here to support both students and parents! My door is always open.
If your student is interested in CCE (work-study program), here's a note from Mrs. Haar:
CCE meetings will take place the week of March 7th and after Spring Break. If you have applied to CCE, Mrs. Haar will contact you with a meeting time and place. If you haven’t applied, please do so ASAP. Applications are available in Guidance and in Rooms 703 and 708.
– In case you haven’t heard, we need to plan to help with this year’s Senior Celebration for the Class of 2016 - the Junior Class traditionally provides support for the Senior Class – particularly at the beginning and the end of the event. This is a great opportunity for committee chairs to see Senior Celebration in action and get a first-hand view of what is involved with the event set-up & clean up, etc. This year's Senior Celebration will be held at LaSalle Springs Middle School – due to construction on the EHS campus – and begins Tuesday evening, May 24, immediately after the Graduation Ceremony. We will need Junior Class parent volunteers to help with set up, starting at 2:30 PM on 5/24. We will also need Junior parents to volunteer to help with clean up, starting about 3:30 AM on 5/25.
Below is some information about next year's (your student's!) Senior Celebration. It's a great event that most of the graduates attend after the ceremony at Chaifitz Arena. The kids love it!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS! – Hopefully the 2nd semester has gotten off to a great start for everyone. With 2nd semester comes the time for us to start preliminary planning for our Juniors’ Senior Celebration. That might seem hard to believe, but it will be here before we know it. There will be a Class of 2017 Parent Meeting onMonday, March 7 at 6:30 pm in the EHS Library. We need to fill committee chair positions/staff approximately 16 committees. They are as follows: Publicity, Ticket Sales, Volunteers; Business Donations, Parent Donations, Raffle/Prizes, Decorations, Wall of Fame, Set Up/Clean Up, Check In/Check Out, Concessions, Entertainment (hypnotist/magician, caricature artists, and inflatables), Casino, Basketball, Bingo, Dodge Ball, and Security.
WOW!!! TASTE OF THE TOWN - Thanks to everyone who contributed to a successful Taste of the Town event! We appreciate everyone who volunteered,donated, bought a ticket, bid on a Silent Auction item, and purchased a raffle ticket. We could not have done it without your support! We were able to raise well over our goal of $10,000 which will help fund the Class of 2017’s Senior Celebration next year!!!!
The Practice ACT is set for Saturday January 30, 2016
$10.00 gets you in!
Registration forms are located in the offices and Welcome Center