Homecoming 2018-- Out of this World
Sunday, September 23-Saturday, September 29
Sunday, September 23
Get ready to kick-off Homecoming 2018! Celebrate school spirit while enjoying class competitions, the Bubble Bus, music, and a movie on the turf. Class competitions begin at 5 pm.
*Food trucks and the Bubble Bus will be at the event from 5:30-7.
*Space Jam will start at 7 pm on the turf.
Dress-up Day: Alien vs. Cowboy
Dress-up Day: We come in peace day (dress like a hippie)
Lunch Activity: Class competitions
After School: Hall Decorations from 3:30-6
Dress-up Day: Galaxy Day (dress a little galactic)
Lunch Activity: Class competitions
Dress-up Day: Jerseys and Jammies
Lunch Activity: Class competitions
After School: Powder Puff @ 7pm; cost is $5
Dress-up Day: Eclipse Day (Blackout)
Lunch Activity: Jazz band and Vox Sololists
After School: Parade @ 5
Homecoming Football game @ 7:30
Homecoming Dance from 7:30-10:30
*Dance tickets are $15 for a single ticket and $30 for a couple ticket.
*Dance tickets are available to purchase online.
*Tickets will also be sold on Wednesday and Thursday during lunch.
*Tickets will not be sold at the dance.
Class of 2022 - It's time to celebrate!
Show your class spirit and support the Freshman Football Team at their first home game against Timberland High School on Monday, August 27. The tailgate celebration will begin right after school in the stadium lot, and the game begins at 4:30 p.m. Snacks and drinks will be provided! You will need to arrange your own transportation home after the game.
We hope to see you there! #unstoppable #OneLancerTeam
We have enjoyed this busy week of welcoming all of our students back to LHS! The energy returned to the hallways, and we are gearing up for a great start to the 2018-2019 school year.
Freshman parents, if you missed the parent meeting on Wednesday evening, I wanted to provide you an opportunity to access the information I shared with everyone. Select this link to access: Freshman Parent Meeting
I will be posting some pictures from Freshman Friday in the coming days. Be sure to follow me on Twitter or Instagram for updates throughout the year.
Have a great school year, and welcome to LHS!
Class of 2022 and families:
This is a reminder for upcoming freshman events taking place at Lafayette High School next week. We are so excited to welcome you to the Lancer family!
August 8, 2018 - 6:00-8:00 p.m. - Freshman Parent Meeting, Freshman Registration, and Freshman Fish Dance
- Parents and guardians will join me in the Theater for the Freshman Parent Meeting.
- Once our meeting ends, we would like to invite you to do a little shopping for some Lancer gear which will be on sale outside our school store, Lancers Landing. Here's a special message from our LPO (Lancer Parent Organization):
"The Lancer Parent Organization sells Spirit Wear throughout the year in our school store. The store will be open on August 8 for shopping! Please take a look and get yourselves (and your students) decked out in Lancer Gear!!! All profits go back to LHS for your students. The Parent Organization and LHS thanks you in advance for your support."
- Students will be going through the registration process, getting their new Chromebook, and then attending the Fish Dance in the back gym. Please be sure to bring the signed 1:1 Chromebook Contract with you, and if you plan on playing a sport, bring your Credible Citizenship paperwork to turn in.
August 10, 2018 - 12:45-3:17 p.m. - Freshman Orientation
- Students will come to LHS, meet with their Link Crew Mentors, and get acquainted with all Lafayette has to offer. This is a great way to get connected to current Lancers and get comfortable at your new school!
If you have any other questions, please contact me or Mrs. Barber at 636-733-4109. We are excited to meet everyone and help you make some amazing memories at Lafayette!
I hope all of you have enjoyed a summer full of fun and great memories!
We are so excited to welcome all of you to the Lancer family. We will get things started on Wednesday, August 8 at 6:00 p.m. Parents and Guardians will join me in the Theater to learn about ways to support you during the next four years. Students will be going through the registration process (receiving your class schedule, locker, and Chromebook, and getting your picture taken). You will then be invited to the Back Gym for the Fish Dance, meeting up with old friends and making some new ones!
On Friday, August 10, you will return to Lafayette and spend the afternoon with our Link Crew leaders learning more about life at Lafayette.
All members of the Class of 2022 will receive a class t-shirt. We would love it if you would fill out the Google form (link is below) so we can get your size. We did experience some technical difficulties with the link that was published in the letter, but this new and improved link works!
Class of 2022 T-Shirt
More details are in the letter that has been mailed and emailed to you this week. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact my office at 636-733-4109.
Be sure to follow me on Twitter: @LHS22Principal or Instagram: @lhs22principal
I wanted to take this opportunity to offer my sincere thanks to all the graduates of the Class of 2018 and your families for an amazing four years together. We have been through many challenges and many joys, and the one thing I will carry with me as a lasting legacy for this class is the strength you exhibited through it all. I know you will continue to create new bonds of friendships in your futures, and I hope you are able to carry our motto, "Coming Together to Make It Count," wherever the journey takes you. You are amazing people, and I will miss you.
If you haven't yet, please check out this link for pictures of graduation: Graduation 2018 Pictures
Have an awesome summer and be sure to stay in touch!
In one short week, we will be graduating the Class of 2018 from Chaifetz Arena! Here are a few last minute reminders:
Graduation is on TUESDAY, May 22, 2018 at Chaifetz Arena. My recent letter had "Monday, May 22," which was incorrect.
Students should arrive at Chaifetz Arena on Tuesday, May 22 at 5:30 p.m. My recent letter had arrival time of 5:00 p.m., which was incorrect.
Seniors are taking final exams this week. The schedule for exams is below:
Senior final exam schedule:
Monday, May 14, 2018 – All Seniors in attendance for the full day.
Tuesday, May 15, 2018 – Seniors take finals for 5th, 6th, and 7th hours.
Wednesday, May 16, 2018 – Seniors take finals for 3rd and 4th hours.
Thursday, May 17, 2018 – Seniors take finals for 1st and 2nd hours.
Friday, May 18, 2018 - Mandatory graduation practice (8:30 - 11:00)
*** ALL CLASSROOM BOOKS/MATERIALS MUST BE RETURNED TO THE TEACHER AT THE END OF YOUR LAST CLASS. IN ADDITION, YOU MUST TURN IN YOUR COMPLETED SENIOR RELEASE FORM BY THURSDAY, MAY 17 TO BE ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND GRADUATION PRACTICE ON FRIDAY, MAY 18. THIS INCLUDES COMPLETING THE SENIOR EXIT SURVEY - THE LINK CAN BE FOUND IN YOUR ROCKWOOD E-MAIL ACCOUNT.
About three weeks ago, Seniors received a link to an Exit Survey that must be completed prior to graduation practice. Details are below:
Please check your RSD email account and take the Senior Exit Survey. You must complete this survey prior to graduation practice.
As part of MSIP-5, districts are required to follow-up on previous year graduates 180 days following graduation. In addition to this, our district Guidance Department has traditionally administered a “Senior Exit Survey”. For the Class of 2018, Rockwood will be combining these two different processes in an attempt to streamline data collection and reduce the demand on student/staff time at the schools.
- A unique link will be sent to each student by Monday, 4/16/18 in their Rockwood supplied Gmail account to complete the two part process
- Part 1 - Intent Questionnaire
- MSIP Required
- NOT Anonymous
- Up to 11 questions regarding future education and work plans
- Part 2 - Guidance Senior Exit Survey
- Completely anonymous
- 26 questions regarding student experiences/satisfaction with Guidance Programming
- Weekly reminders will be sent to students via email who have not completed the Intent Questionnaire.
Directions for Students:
- Students login to their official Rockwood-supplied email account at https://mail.google.com/ (Email will be sent by Monday 4/16/18)
- Username is the same as the student’s computer login combined with @rsdmo.org. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password is the same as the student’s regular computer password
- Open the email titled, “Class of 2018 Graduate Intent Survey” and click on the link contained within.
- For students who did not receive an auto-generated email ONLY, use this link (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RSDGRAD2018) and your 10-digit Rockwood student number (REQUIRED).
- Honor Cords have been distributed. Any student who did not pick up their cords will receive them on Friday, May 18 in his/her cap and gown bag. All National Merit and Bright Flight stoles will also be in the cap and gown bags.
- The Senior Release Form was mailed to your homes last week, but I have included an electronic copy (attached to this email) for your convenience.
- Seniors who are taking an AP Exam on Friday, May 18 and are planning to attend the Baccalaureate service on Sunday, May 20 can pick up their cap and gown from my office on Friday afternoon (May 18). However, any student who misses the mandatory graduation practice on Friday (May 18) must attend the make-up graduation practice on Monday, May 21.
- Senior Celebration ticket prices are $90.00 and may only be cash purchases at the door. I have included three attachments for Senior Celebration (informational letter, events agenda, and map of event) for your convenience. I hope to see you there!
Tuesday, May 22 at 7:00 p.m. (Graduates need to arrive by 5:30 p.m.)
Doors will open for guests at 6:00 p.m.
***No ticket required for entry***
Cap and gown photos will be taken at the ceremony by Interstate Studios. Ordering information will be provided in the graduates cap and gown bags.
Students, please be sure to wear business attire to the graduation ceremony. No jeans, tennis shoes, or flip-flops will be permitted. Also, no decoration of graduation caps will be permitted. Students may only wear approved regalia at the graduation ceremony.
CopyCat Video will again be selling the video of Lafayette's graduation ceremony. If you are interested in ordering a copy of this video, I have attached an order form to this email.
Seniors, Parents, and Guardians:
I sincerely apologize for some discrepancies in recent communication about graduation. The information below is correct:
- Graduation is on TUESDAY, May 22, 2018 at Chaifetz Arena. My recent letter had "Monday, May 22," which was incorrect.
- Students should arrive at Chaifetz Arena on Tuesday, May 22 at 5:30 p.m. My recent letter had an arrival time of 5:00 p.m., which was incorrect.
I apologize for these errors. Please call my office (636-733-4109) if you have any questions.
Congratulations to our very own Dr. Calcaterra for being named the Missouri Journalism Education Association's Administrator of the Year. This honor is given to an administrator for his or her support of student publications and student voice. Our journalists are beyond excited that she was recognized this year by the state organization!