Marquette High School implemented a new visitor management system in 2017. This new security system offers a fast, simple way to electronically register and review individuals who visit our school. It will streamline our check-in process.
What is staying the same?
Providing a safe, secure school is always a priority for Marquette High School. We will continue to use the following safety practices:
- Door-access technology requires visitors to buzz-in to the school office before entering the school.
- Visitor check-in centers are located at the entrance of our school.
- Security cameras monitor the building and parking lots.
- School resource officers patrol our buildings.
- All exterior doors are locked.
- All visitors wear Identification badges.
What is new?
Marquette started using a new online visitor management system. Please note the following additions to our safety protocols this year:
- Visitors will be asked to provide a driver's license when they arrive at the school check-in center.
- Our MHS security attendant will quickly scan the license, which will automatically populate an enrollment screen, gather any additional information, and check the person into the school.
- During this screening process, the system will scan a nationally compiled sex offender database.
- When the visitor is cleared, the system will create a customized badge that includes the name, photo, date, time, and destination in the building.
- Then, the visitor will wear this badge while in the building, allowing for easy identification of all guests.
Contact Principal Dr. Greg Mathison at (636) 891-6000 for information and input.