Contact the MHS Guidance Team at 636-891-6025
Last Name School Counselor
A-Da Ms. Taylor Rosehill
De-I Mr. Jeff Marx
J-Mon Ms. Paula Ake
Moo-Sc Mrs. Fran Kremer
Se-Z Mrs. Suzy Jaworoski
December 21st (2:00 p.m.)
- All Requests for 2nd Semester Schedule Changes must be made by 2:00 p.m. on December 21st.
- Early College Partnership (ECP) - Application Deadline
- Click <HERE> for details and admission requirements.
- Applications can be turned-in to your Guidance Counselor
- Send them to:
- Student Services
- Attn: Terry Harris
- 111 East North Street
- Eureka, MO 63025
- Early College Partnership (ECP) - Rockwood School District Begins Notifying Applicants About Status of ECP Applications
Guidance and Counseling
We would like to thank you for visiting our website. The links to the left will connect you to great information. Please peruse them for answers. However, if you need to speak with one of the guidance counselors, please contact one of the secretaries listed below. The number to call is 636-891-6025.
All students will be valued and provided results-based instruction in the areas of Career, Academic, and Personal Social Development, through a comprehensive guidance program, as they acquire skills, abilities and attitudes that empower them to be lifelong contributing members of society.
The Marquette Guidance Program is a comprehensive model which incorporates four programmatic components.
Curriculum: consists of activities of structured developmental experiences presented systematically through classroom and/or group activities for grades nine through twelve. The curriculum is organized around three major areas:
* Knowledge of Self and Others
* Educational and Vocational Planning
* Career Planning and Exploration
Individual Planning: consists of activities that help all students plan, monitor, and manage their own learning as well as their personal and career development. Individual planning is implemented through such strategies as advisement, appraisal (analysis of student ability and achievement), and team meetings.
Responsive Services: consists of activities to meet immediate needs and concerns of students whether these needs or concerns require information, consultation, counseling, or referral.
System Support: consists of management activities that establish, maintain, and enhance the comprehensive guidance program. This component is implemented and carried out through activities in the following areas:
* Professional Development
* Staff and Community Relations
* Consultations with Teachers
* Advisory Councils
* Community Outreach
Follow us on Twitter: @MHSCounselors10