Welcome to the Rockwood School District! We are extremely proud of our students, staff and supportive community and invite you to join our award-winning district. Collectively, we are committed to our mission of doing whatever it takes to ensure all students realize their potential.
Finding Your School
To enroll a student in the Rockwood School District, you and your child must be residing within the district boundaries. To find the school your child will attend, please review the boundary maps.
New Student Registration
After determining your school attendance area, you may call the school to make an appointment to register your child. View a listing of all schools with their contact information. During this registration visit, you will need to bring the following:
- Household Census Information (one per household)
- New Student Information Form (one per student)
- Annual Student Health Form (Must be submitted annually in order to provide proper care for the student.)
- Birth Certificate issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics.
- Medically documented Immunization/Health records (This form can be submitted after the January kindergarten registration dates.)
- Proof of Residency. Unless student is exempt from the proof of residency requirement, each registrant must submit an enrollment affidavit and one document from each List A and List B. Electronic documents are permissible so long as the documents are current and contain the information required for the district to verify proof of residence (date, name, address, applicable signatures, etc.). The district has the right to request additional proof at any time or to employ other means to verify residency. Under Missouri law, misrepresenting residency is a misdemeanor. If a family’s residency status is found to be inaccurately represented or changes without notification to the district, the district may act to recover the cost of services provided.
Custody papers and a complete copy of the dissolution decree that stipulates custody in cases of parental divorce.IEP and evaluation, if the student is receiving Special Education Services.An unofficial transcript or most recent report card.Previous school contact information.Emergency contact information.Family Education Rights and Privacy ACT (FERPA), Annual Parent/Guardian and Eligible Student Notification and Refusal Form1:1 Program Agreement for incoming 6th grade students
- List A documents: (i) deed; (ii) sales contract signed by all parties, provided that the registrant must supplement this submission with a copy of the closing statement within 60 days of enrollment; (iii) mortgage statement dated within 30 days of the date of submission for verification; or (iv) unexpired lease/rental agreement signed by landlord and tenant and including the address, apartment number, and date of rental.
- List B documents: (i) utility bill (water, gas, sewer, trash, or electric) dated within 30 days of the date of submission for verification and including the name and address, provided that trash bills will be deemed current so long as they are dated within the most recent billing quarter; (ii) real estate tax receipt dated within 1 year of the date of submission; (iii) personal property tax receipt dated within 1 year of the date of submission; or (iv) unexpired occupancy permit listing all the occupants of the residence.
For specific information about Kindergarten Registration, see the Kindergarten FAQ.
Rockwood residents can request their children attend a school other than the one for their assigned attendance area. This program is called Limited Choice. Approval is based upon available space. Transportation is not available with the program.
Application forms are available at each school location. Parents can also download the Limited Choice Form and return it to their school principal. For further information about Limited Choice, call (636) 733-2050 or contact your school principal.