The U10-U18 Competitive Program is the largest program within the Rockwood Thunder Volleyball Club. With close to 30 teams and 300 athletes, Rockwood Thunder is one of the largest clubs in the Gateway Region of USA Volleyball.
Teams are formed and divided by age, as defined by USA Volleyball. All teams compete in multiple tournaments during the season both in and out of state at the highest capable level of play.
Participation in club volleyball involves both a substantial time, as well as a serious financial commitment. Below is a small breakdown of what you can expect to pay for a season of volleyball at Rockwood Thunder VBC. Additional expenses incurred are commensurate with the level of competition your team is participating and the number of out of town tournaments you may attend. Feel free to ask your coach what his/her travel plans are before accepting an offer. See a complete breakdown of what expenses your team may incur HERE!
| Age Group
|U10 Girls, U12 Boys
Club Fees Cover:
- Equipment/Facilities: Game and practice balls, carts, practice gyms, replacement nets, etc.
- Gateway Membership (* Background Screens): Coaches*, Chaperones*, Team Reps*, Rostered Adults (scorekeepers, refs)
- Coach's Impact Certification, training/education and equipment
- Administration Costs (e.g. - Website, publications)
- Community Service Project
- Strength & Conditioning and Specialty & Positional Clinics
- Tournaments: (each team starts with a budget of $1125 for tournament fees. If tournament fees are in excess of $1125, teams are required to pay those additional fees.) This does not include the Boys teams who start with $875 and the U10 Mizuno and Navy Teams which starts with $875 for tournament fees.
Please note: Our competitive U10 teams are different from the U10 Program. Players who choose to tryout for the U10 teams that are not offered a spot on that team are not automatically accepted into the U10 program, unless they are among the first 35 registrants for one of the three nights of the U10 program. Players that have registered for the U10 program, then choose to tryout for U10 Mizuno or Navy Teams who receive and accept an offer to play on the U10 Mizuno or Navy teams, will have their U10 program registration fee deducted from their new $695 club fee.
1) Gateway Region VB Parents Page (FAQs) - all sorts of useful stuff!