Participating in any club sport requires a financial commitment. Rockwood Thunder believes individual team costs should be independent of other teams in the club to allow for each team to choose their preferred season schedule. As a result, total costs will vary by team based on several factors, including total number of players on a team, number of tournaments played both locally and out of town, whether or not a team participates in fundraising opportunities, size of team coaching staff, etc.
Average total costs per player range from $1,200-$2,350 per season.
To understand how the range of $1,200-$2,350 is determined, see below for a breakdown of the various costs associated with playing in Rockwood Thunder. Several different payment options are available at NO additional charge.Club Fees U11-U18 Teams
$850 per player
Club Fees Cover:
- Practice time(s): All teams practice a minimum of two times per week. Teams may add additional practices/trainings throughout the year as needed at no additional cost to the team.
- Strength & Conditioning Training
- Specialty & Positional Clinics
- Practice facilities
- Gateway Membership
- Coach's Impact certification, Safe Sport certification, training/education and equipment
- Staff trainings and background checks as part of affiliation with Parkway and Rockwood School Districts
- College recruiting services
- Club operational costs
- Tournaments: each team plays an average of 10-15 local tournament dates. Through club fees, each team starts with a budget of $1125 for tournament fees. If tournament fees are in excess of $1125, teams are required to pay those additional fees.
Coaches Travel Expenses: average $0-$450 per player
Coaches Stipend: $350-$550 per player
Additional Tournament Cost: average $0-$350 per player
Fundraising: Teams have the option to participate in fundraising activities to help offset individual team costs.
Uniforms: average $150 per player
Returning players may not have to purchase additional uniforms based off of the team's jersey choices.
If a team qualifies for postseason play, additional expenses will apply for coaches travel, coaches stipend and tournament fees. Postseason fees are not collected until a team has qualified or determined to participate in postseason play.