The Class of 2018 is off to a fantastic start. Thank you to each of you for your support of your student in the home setting…While there are always some bumps on the way, the peer support by the students of each other and the support you are providing has created a great atmosphere for our students to learn and grow…THANK YOU…
Below you will find a lot of information…I apologize for breaking (destroying) the e-mail scroll rule…you marketing folks in the audience will no doubt note there is too much information J…here goes anyway…There are 3 pieces of information…
1. Homecoming Begins NEXT WEEK…It is a great time for school spirit and school pride…First and foremost, the week should be celebrated in a positive fashion…we expect our students to focus on activities that promote a healthy school and community environment…to that end we have an incredible amount of opportunities for students to get involved…Here is the week in a nutshell
a. Saturday , September 13th…FRESHMEN TAILGATE at SUMMIT from 5:30 to 7:00pm before the Varsity Soccer Game…sponsored by Link Crew…there will be hot dogs, chips and drinks (water, soda)…wear orange that evening and go support the soccer team at their Home Game…kick off for soccer game is 7:00pm
b. Sunday, September 14th… We kick off Homecoming week this year with the 5K Reach the Summit - 9 a.m. Open to all, our annual 5K will take off from the Rockwood Summit parking lot at 9 a.m. Entry is $20. New this year is a fun, 3 person Relay Team entry. Register online at https://register.chronotrack.com/reg/form?eventID=10067 until Wednesday 9/10 at 10 a.m. or with the attached form.
c. Monday-Friday School Spirit Days tied to our theme "Around the World"
i. Monday: Tie Dye/Hippie Day
ii. Tuesday: Tacky Tourist Day
iii. Wednesday: Class Colors (freshmen – yellow, sophomores – red, juniors – green, seniors –blue)
iv. Thursday: Great Outdoors Day (wear camo, BassPro/Cabelas items
v. Friday: Black Out Day - To show school unity, all students will receive a free Black T-shirt during 1st hour
d. New this year will be a Senior/Junior Spirit King & Queen and a Freshman/Sophomore Spirit Prince & Princess. Students who participate in Spirit Days and the student with the most retweets and forwarded tweets will be named Spirit royalty.
e. RSHS Penny Wars will give students an opportunity to support a charity selected by their class. Start gathering your loose change!
i. The freshmen class are choosing today from The Human Society, American Cancer Society, Alzheimers
f. Powder Puff Football - Wednesday, Sept. 17, 7 p.m. at Summit Stadium
Football is played by the girls; Cheerleading is done by the boys! (Junior and Senior Classes Only)
g. RSHS Alumni Hall of Fame Dinner Thursday, Sept. 18 6 p.m. Inducted this year will be Geoff Glidden '05, Derrick Johnson '03, Brian Taylor Urrela '04, Angela (Cartnal) Vietmeier '99 and Bruce Walker '00. Dinner is at RSHS and costs $35. Paid reservations must be received by sponsor Clay Zigler by Sept. 11, 2014.
h. Spirit Pep Assembly – Friday, Sept. 19, 2:30 p.m. Friday's bell schedule will be revised to include a Pep Rally at the end of the school day.
i. FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 19th
i. Join us for the first RSHS Homecoming Parade! Our spirit parade will step off from Rockwood South Middle School at 6:00 p.m. and proceed to Rockwood Summit High School.
ii. Homecoming Football Game vs. Ritenour - 7:30 p.m. We will be honoring our Athletic Hall of Fame class at halftime. Wingspan, Summit's alumni organization, is planning school tours and a chance to socialize for Summit alumni
j. Homecoming Dance – Saturday, Sept. 20, 7-10 p.m.
1. Tickets will go on sale for $10 beginning Monday, Sept. 15 through Thursday, Sept. 18.
2. Price will go up to $15 on Friday, Sept. 19.
3. Students who have fines may not purchase dance tickets.
4. Bring in at least 5 canned goods and get $5 off your ticket
5. Tickets are not sold at the door. In order to attend Homecoming, students must purchase a ticket in advance.
a. Students bringing guests from outside schools should return the reguest form to school by Thursday Sept. 18. Guests must have a valid photo ID to enter.
2. PROGRESS REPORTS AND PARENT CONFERENCES…Coming Soon
a. Progress Reports are posted next Wednesday, September 17th and will be available for parent view on the Parent Portal of Infinite Campus…
i. Parent Teacher Conferences are held from 4:30 to 8:00pm on:
1. Tuesday, September 23rd and
2. Thursday, October 2nd
3. From the PEAKS PARENTS…CLASS OF 2018 FUNDRAISER
The RSHS Class of 2018 is conducting its first annual Pink Flamingo Fundraiser and we hope you will join in on the fun! We have several flocks of pink flamingos, one of which could end up on the front lawn of one of your friends! Here's how it works…
1. Choose an unsuspecting 'victim' – maybe someone with a birthday, anniversary, a 'payback' or someone that just needs to be cheered up!
2. Complete the attached 'Flocking a Friend' order form. This will let us know who to flock, when to do it, how many flamingos you want in their yard and any other special instructions you may have. (Please note that flamingo flocking is limited to homes in the Fenton quadrant and we can't place them on public property or apartment complexes.)
3. Submit your Flock a Friend form and your check (made payable to PEAKS with Class of 2018 in the memo field) to the front office at RSHS.
4. On the date you requested, the flock of flamingos will land on that special person's lawn before sunrise so they will wake up to a surprise! They will graze on their lawn all day and will be picked up after sunset to fly overnight to their next destination.
5. A flock of 12 flamingos is $10; 24 flamingos for $15 and 36 flamingos for $20. The more you choose, the bigger the impact! All proceeds from this fundraiser will go towards the Senior Slam for the Class of 2018.
6. If you REALLY don't want to get flocked, or if you are looking for a way to make an easy contribution to this fundraiser, you can buy Anti-Flocking Insurance. For a $15 premium, we will guarantee that no flamingos will show up on your lawn! The Anti-Flocking Insurance Form is also attached.
7. The flamingos will be migrating from home to home between September 1 and October 28. If you have a special request for flocking outside of this time frame, we will do our best to honor the request.
8. THANK YOU in advance for supporting the Class of 2018. If you have any questions, please contact Angie Stimson or Shelly McGuirk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.