Welcome to the Library
Library Media Center Hours
- Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Late Start Mondays 9:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- Early Dismissal Days 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Students are welcome in the Library before school, during class, during lunch, and after school. Walk-in students are expected to sign in and out of the library.
Check Out Periods
- Books - two weeks - Books may be renewed
- Magazines - one week (newest issue - use in Library only)
- Videos - overnight
- Reference Materials - use in Library only
- Early returns are gladly accepted!
Although the Rockwood Summit library does not assess overdue fines, items are considered lost when they become overdue. Lost items are charged to the student.
Overdue/fine notices are sent weekly to student email accounts. Students must pay for any lost or damaged materials. Fines must be cleared to purchase a parking pass or to attend the Homecoming Dance, Winter Dance, or Junior/Senior Prom.
Parents now have the ability to receive daily email notifications regarding the materials their child has checked out of the school library. Parents wishing to receive these daily emails should contact their child's school librarian to activate this feature.
Check here to see if your class shared their summer homework assignments and reading lists with the library.
Library Media Center Handbook
For a complete listing of library policies, consult the Rockwood School District Library Media Center Handbook.