Fundraising and Community Partnerships
Fundraising is an important part of our duty as a supportive PTO. Money raised throughout the school year is used to purchase equipment and educational tools, plus fund facility improvements that are in addition to Uthoff Valley's operating budget.
In addition, the PTO uses donated money to operate its many service programs and to fully or partially subsidize the events it hosts.
The following is a list of fundraising opportunities offered by PTO throughout the school year:
"Count Me In" Cash Donation Program
Count Me In is Uthoff Valley's direct donation campaign for contributing to the PTO budget, which funds and supports programs such as field trip transportation, the annual AR subscription, and many UV events. Recent examples of PTO purchases include the exterior security cameras, outdoor lunch tables, library furniture, and the leveled library, just to name a few...
While donations can be made to PTO throughout the year, the Count Me In program offers incentives for donations made from the beginning of the school year through 9/23/16.
- Complete the Count Me In form (distributed during the first week of school) and submit with your check. Checks should be made payable to UV PTO, and donations are tax deductible.
- Donate via PayPal by clicking the "Donate" button below, which will take you to the PayPal website where you can securely donate by credit card or bank account.
Note: for PayPal donations, please provide your child's name/teacher/grade and your address under the PayPal link "add special instructions to sell," or complete the "Count Me In" form so that the PTO can properly track your donation for contests, incentives, and thank you letters.
- Donate using your credit card at Meet the Teacher night, First Day Celebration or PTO Spaghetti Supper.
- Check with your employer! They may match charitable contributions, and it's an easy way to make your donation go even farther. Click the link to see a list of participating companies.
Additional Fundraising Programs
UV PTO transforms the school rotunda into a book store rich with a huge selection of titles for young readers. The store is open during parent-teacher conferences. It's a great way to encourage your child to read while at the same time supporting our school. (October & March)
This adult-only event is held off school grounds and is UV PTO's largest fundraiser, plus it's a lot of fun. Test your knowledge, catch up with old friends and make new ones, and treat yourself or your family to some great gifts from the silent auction. (March)
Show your UV school spirit by purchasing logo'd t-shirts, shorts and more for your UV student and family. Order online! (All School Year)
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases when you shop at Amazon Smile. Simply go to https://smile.amazon.com and select Uthoff Valley as your organization. Your purchases then benefit UV. (All School Year)
Just go to schoolstore.com and select Uthoff Valley Elementary as your school. The amount donated to UV varies by merchant, but you can shop many major stores online through this site. Start at schooolstore.com, then link to your store for UV to receive the benefit. (All School Year)
- Purchased 25 Chromebooks for 4th and 5th grades
- Purchased electronic marquee for front of school
- Purchased exterior security cameras.
- Purchased & installed outdoor cafe seating area
- Added new landscaping in front of school
- Added more books to the leveled library.
- Purchased new furniture for rotunda and library
In addition to these major purchases, PTO also:
- Subsidizes Various PTO Events
- Provides extra funds to teacher classrooms for supplies
- Subsidizes all or part of most UV events, such as Fall Festival, Winter Wonderful, Variety Show, and Fun Fair
- Provides support for classroom parties
- Updated the Teacher/Staff Lounge
- Provides transportation for grade-level field trips
- And much more...