Volunteers and Committees
We Need You - Volunteer at UV Today!
Any time you can give our school community is appreciated and goes a long way toward making Uthoff Valley a great place for our students to learn and grow. Whether you are a working parent or one who stays at home, there are plenty of volunteer opportunities to fit your schedule.
Ways our volunteers are asked to help:
- Work one-on-one with students in small groups or individually
- Assist in the library, art room, copy room, or with special teacher-led, school-wide events
- Help with planning and organizing PTO events, coordinating Caring School Community services, or serve as a board member
- Work a brief shift at a PTO event, assisting students with crafts, serving food or leading a game station, or assist with set up or clean up
- Organize parent involvement in class parties or act as a PTO liaison for your child's classroom
- Donate materials to support events or cook dishes to share
Support one event, or schedule yourself as an ongoing volunteer resource. The opportunities are plentiful and flexible!
Getting started is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Attend a Volunteer Training session with Mrs. Thorne or Ms. Harr.
- Choose an opportunity that works for you.
- Send in your Volunteer Sign-up Form, contact a PTO Board Member or talk to your child's teacher.
Once you've attended volunteer training, you'll receive a lanyard to wear when you work at school. If you sign up to help with a PTO event, you'll hear from the event chairperson through VolunteerSpot, an online service that the PTO uses to organize events. You'll be asked to commit to a task or a work shift and VolunteerSpot will send you helpful reminders leading up to the event date.