Guidance and Counseling
All students will be valued and provided results-based instruction in the areas of Career, Academic, and Personal Social Development, through a comprehensive guidance program, as they acquire skills, abilities and attitudes that empower them to be lifelong contributing members of society.
About Guidance and Counseling
The School Counseling program includes:
- The curriculum consists of classroom lessons and large group presentations.
- Individual Planning consists of activities that help all students plan, monitor, and manage their own learning as well as their personal and career development.
- Responsive Services that consist of activities to meet the immediate needs and concerns of students.
- System Support that consists of management activities that establish, maintain, and enhance the total guidance program.
Counseling services at Woerther Elementary include the following:
- short-term individual counseling
- small group counseling
- monthly counseling lessons in all classrooms
- referrals to Special School District
- conference with parents, teachers, and students
- character education lessons and activities
- Red Ribbon Week