Welcome to Rockwood Valley!
RVMS’s staff works to provide a school environment that is safe, orderly and conducive to learning. Students and staff share respectful and cooperative attitudes facilitated by a character education curriculum that is integrated into all subject areas.
All Rockwood Valley Middle School students will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to become life-long learners as well as self-directed and responsible citizens.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Is standards-based, student-centered, and research-based.
- Challenges all students.
- Recognizes and accommodates individual differences.
- Allows all students to experience success.
- Emphasizes literacy skills across all subject areas.
- Emphasizes the integration and interdependence of all curricular areas.
- Integrates character education and the use of technology into all curricular areas.
- Utilizes a wide variety of effective instructional methods.
- Fosters independent work habits and organizational skills.
- Expects consistently high behavior from all students.
- Fosters a warm and caring environment that is emotionally and physically safe.
- Promotes a clean, healthy, and orderly environment.
- Encourages enthusiasm for learning.
- Accept responsibility for their decisions and for their learning.
- Model positive character traits.
- Work cooperatively with other students and with staff members.
- Engage actively and appropriately in learning.
- Respect the individual differences of all students and staff members.
- Display a desire to learn and an appreciation for knowledge.
- Focus on meeting the needs of students.
- Demonstrate commitment to the school’s vision and to its School Improvement Plan.
- Hold high expectations for student success.
- Contribute to a school team that is marked by camaraderie, collegiality, professionalism, and respect.
- Commit to shared leadership and shared decision-making.
- Model a commitment to school improvement, personal professional development, and collaborative professional development.
- Facilitate positive relationships between community members, parents, staff, and students.
- Actively engaged in students’ education.
- Support the staff and students.
- Facilitate effective two-way communication among school, parents, and the community.