Guidance and Counseling
All students will be valued and provided results-based instruction in the areas of Career, Academic, and Personal Social Development, through a comprehensive guidance program, as they acquire skills, abilities and attitudes that empower them to be lifelong contributing members of society.
Our Guidance and Counseling Program includes:
- CURRICULUM consists of classroom lessons and large group presentations.
- INDIVIDUAL PLANNING consists of activities that help all students plan, monitor, and manage their own learning as well as their personal and career development.
- RESPONSIVE SERVICES consists of activities to meet the immediate needs and concerns of students.
- SYSTEM SUPPORT consists of management activities that establish, maintain, and enhance the total guidance program.
Guidance and Counseling Services
The Lafayette Guidance and Counseling Department strives to enable Lafayette students to reach their academic and human potential. To attain this goal, they offer the following services:
- academic counseling
- individual academic planning and advisement
- individual counseling
- crisis counseling
- assistance with course selection and scheduling
- college information and planning
- post secondary information and planning
- career information
- staffings with students, parents, teachers, administrators
- group counseling
- classroom presentations on guidance topics