Medication in School

  • Does your child need medication at school? If you are unsure of what form your student might need? Here are some tips!

    It is important that parents understand per Rockwood School District Policy that students carrying medication at school without proper documentation in our office (prescription and/or over the counter) will face disciplinary action.

    Self Administration of Medication Form
    Authorization for Self-Administration of Medication and Waiver and Indemnification from Liability

    This form is used when your child will be able to carry medication on them at school. This covers ANY over-the-counter medication (high school students only); or Albuterol and EpiPens (encouraged as students reach middle school). This form MUST be signed by a parent AND a physician in order for the student to carry the medication on them. This form is kept in our office and is only good for a single school year.

    Request for Medications to Be Given at School
    Request for Medication To Be Given At School

    This form is used when your child will come into our office and we will administer medication to them. This covers ANY prescription medication and/or over-the-counter medication. This form must be signed by a parent and accompanied by the prescription in the original bottle. If it is an over-the-counter medication, the form must also be signed by a physician. Rockwood School District does not allow ANY narcotic medication to be kept on school premises.