2022-23 Registration and Test Information
What is the PSAT/NMSQT test?
As part of the SAT Suite of Assessments, the PSAT/NMSQT measures the skills and knowledge that are essential for college/career readiness and success. It serves as a check-in on student progress to help pinpoint areas for development. The PSAT/NMSQT helps students prepare for the SAT and provides entry to the National Merit Scholarship Program, an academic competition for recognition and college scholarships conducted by National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC).
Testing at MHS
- This is a voluntary test for students who are enrolled at MHS in grades 9 - 11
- Students interested in participating in this test are required to complete an online registration form and submit payment
- Registration is online and will take place between August 29 - September 12, 2022
- Cost of exam: $20
- Registration is now closed
- There is NO late sign up for the PSAT; therefore, register by September 12, 2022
Exam Day Information
Exam Date: Wednesday, October 12th
Exam Time: 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
Specific details about testing day will be emailed to registered participants and parents the week of October 3rd.
More information about the PSAT and National Merit:
- PSAT Exam Information for Students
- National Merit Scholarship Information for Students
- National Recognition Programs
Free Resources for preparing for the PSAT and SAT:
- Free PSAT Full-Length Online/Printable Practice Exams
- Khan Academy Practice Resources for PSAT and SAT
How do students receive their scores?
Questions? email Mrs. Welker at email@example.com
- Scores will be available online, usually in December. Students will receive an email from PSAT/College Board with information about accessing their scores by either creating or logging into their online College Board account.
- Nothing will be mailed home by College Board or Marquette
- Test booklets will be available for pick up, in Guidance, in January
- Students who qualify for College Board National Recognition Programs will notified the following fall