Rockwood is committed to the safety of our students. If you have any questions or concerns about your child's food allergy, please contact the principal or school nurse at the school your child attends.
Life-Threatening Food Allergies
Any student who has a life-threatening food allergy, a medical order or medication/equipment, a nursing care plan must be in place prior to attending school.
All forms may be obtained from your school nurse or by clicking on the links below:
- Medical Statement For Student Requiring Special Meals (Form P2840c)
- Food Allergy Reference Form (Form P2840)
- Food Allergy Action Plan (Form P2840b)
- Waiver For Self Administration of Medication (Form P2870a)
- Request for Medication to be Given at School (Form P2870b)
Many of these forms need a physician’s signature. Forms must be returned and approved by the school nurse before a student can attend school.
Mild Food Allergies
While these food allergies are not life threatening, they can still be bothersome and symptoms can distract a child from their learning. Please complete the following forms and return to your school nurse:
Other Dietary Needs
Some students may have other special dietary needs due to diabetes, celiac disease, etc. If your child has special dietary needs, please complete the following forms:
- Medical Statement for Student Requiring Special Meals (Form P2840c)
- Request for Medication to be given at school (Form P2870b) (if necessary)
- Medical documentation of any needed procedures or plans of care for the school setting