- be employed or contracted (including Special School District) on a regular basis to serve Rockwood School District students.
- work full-time or part-time for at least six (6) months.
- demonstrate outstanding service and support to the overall educational climate and mission of the Rockwood School District.
Staff members in the following employee groups and departments are eligible to receive the Cornerstone Award:
- Adventure Club
- Child Nutrition
- Classroom Assistants
- Community Education
- Facilities and Maintenance
- Human Resources
- Parents as Teachers
- Parking Lot Attendants
- Partners In Education
- Social Workers
- Special School District
These individuals are ineligible to receive the Cornerstone Award:
- contracted classroom teachers, librarians, counselors and instructional technology specialists (These individuals may be nominated for the Teacher of the Year Award or the ROSE Award.)
- substitute employees
- Cornerstone Co-Chairs
- Administrative Council members
- parent/citizen volunteers
- past recipients
Please complete the online nomination form before the deadline, and follow all instructions. All fields are required. Nominations should clearly demonstrate qualities that distinguish the individual as exemplary. Please related a personal observation, in as much detail as possible, providing example, why this nominee is worthy of receiving a Cornerstone Award.
Cornerstone recipients should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Outstanding customer service
- Support of the beliefs and mission of the Rockwood School District
- Exceeding normal expectations/going above and beyond professional duties
- Leadership and/or innovation
- Contributions that reflect good character, commitment and dedication
Cornerstone Award recipients will be chosen by a selection committee representing a cross section of Rockwood staff members.
Six Rockwood employees will be chosen to receive a Cornerstone Award. All Cornerstone Award recipients will be notified in November. Cornerstone recipients will be formally recognized during the ROSE Award Ceremony and Dinner on Sunday, May 7, 2023.
Nomination DeadlineThe nomination window for the Cornerstone Awards 2023 is closed. Please check back in early October to nominate a deserving support staff member. If you have questions, please contact Rockwood Communications at (636) 733-1149.