COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies at the CCL
Below is a list of CCL Mitigation strategies to be incorporated for the 2021-2022 school year:
- We have worked to keep class sizes small while limiting the number of schools in each classroom.
- Where possible, we will be cohorting by school within each classroom.
- Students will stay with their main teacher throughout the day. Students will still have specials like Art, Music, Kinections, and STEAM, but they will stay with the same teacher and group of kids for their kaleidoscope time.
- Where possible, students will eat with students from their classroom in the cafeteria for lunch, with a limit of four students per table.
- Students will be able to use and refill water bottles that they bring with them for drinking throughout the day. Snack drinks will not be available from the cafeteria for snacks. There will still be drinks available during lunch.
- Chromebooks from their main teacher will be carried to specials when needed.
- Our New Parent Orientation, previously scheduled to be held on August 19, 2021, has been changed to a virtual event. We are sending out a New Parent Orientation video from our Administrative team soon.
- The CCL Open House will be virtual for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Your child’s teacher will send you an email with a video link to introduce themselves and explain the main unit before Monday, August 23, 2021.
- The email will also have a Zoom link to a session that will be live from 4-6 PM on the evening of August 23, 2021. This session will allow families to meet with their teacher and ask any questions that might arise from watching the video.
- We will also be following disinfecting procedures outlined on the Rockwood School District's Safe Together page. Found here.