Code of Ethics
1. Give first consideration to the policies and goals of the District.
2. Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
3. Decline personal gifts or gratuities.
4. Grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar as state or federal statute and District policy permit.
5. Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business missions.
6. Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional misrepresentation.
7. Foster fair, ethical and legal trade practices.
8. Enhance the proficiency and stature of the purchasing profession by acquiring and maintaining current technical knowledge and the highest standards of ethical behavior.
The Rockwood Board of Education is responsible for reviewing and approving contracts for personnel, as well as purchases such as technology and maintenance projects. Details regarding purchases for Board's review are available on BoardDocs,
Rockwood’s website for meeting information and documents. Use the search feature on this online board governance system to locate department and personnel contracts on the agenda.
The following Board polices guide the contract approval process:
All facilities construction projects that exceed an expenditure of $15,000 shall be advertised and competitive bids solicited according to state law, only after the plans and specifications have been approved by the Board of Education. Rockwood’s purchasing website also includes information on open, expired and awarded requests for proposals (RFPs)
, as well as construction bids.