Meal Account Balance Refund Procedure

  • A Child Nutrition employee smiles in at a cash registerChild Nutrition Services encourages families to provide adequate funds in their student's meal account. Negative meal account balances need to be paid in full by the end of the school year. Funds can be deposited anytime by sending cash or check to school with your child or by making a deposit online at the MySchoolBucks website.

    All balances left in meal accounts at the end of the school year will automatically be carried forward for students continuing in any Rockwood School. If a student graduates or moves out of the school district, a refund can be requested.

    How To Request a Refund

    Notify the cafeteria manager, call (636) 733-3252, or submit to the cafeteria manager a signed note from a parent/guardian requesting a refund. Please include a student/staff ID number when requesting a refund. Refunds over $10.00 will be issued by a Rockwood School District check. A check will not be issued without complete parent information, including first and last name and address.

    If the parent/guardian chooses to have a student pick up a cash refund for an amount less than $10.00, a signed note must be sent to the cafeteria manager giving the student permission to receive the refund if funds are available.

    The dollar amount of the refund will reflect the funds available when the refund is processed.

    Refunds must be requested within one school year. Unclaimed funds will then become the property of Rockwood Child Nutrition Services and applied to the Random Acts of Kindness donation program for students in need who have negative balances in their meal accounts.

    Families may also choose to donate the remaining meal account balance to a student in need within our district by contacting the Child Nutrition Services office at (636) 733-3252.

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.