Partners in Education Summer Internship Program
Attention Class of 2025!Summer Internship program information will be sent to qualifying students via Parent Square/Student Square in early October. All interested students are strongly encouraged to attend the Student Information Meeting at their school (information about the meetings will be communicated via Parent Square/Student Square). We will share important information about the program and the application/interview process. The application opens up during the Student Information Meeting process. There is not an option to apply early.Plan to attend the student information meeting at your school during AcLab:EHS: October 23, 2023 in the theaterRSHS: October 25, 2023 in the libraryLHS: November 1, 2023 in room 180MHS: November 6, 2023 in the theater
The Partners in Education Summer Internship program is a unique, unpaid summer internship opportunity that places students in a career area of their interest. The program is offered to qualified Rockwood juniors in the summer leading into their senior year of high school.
- The internship provides students with career exploration opportunities while allowing them to gain practical, real-world experience in a field of interest.
- Students are partnered with a business professional in the student's area of interest. Students then complete a custom-designed project developed by the Internship Program Manager with input from the business partner. The project design is written to benefit both the student and the business partner.
- Successful students receive 1/2 of a CTE credit after documenting a minimum of 75 hours on their projects. The program includes student observation, research, meetings and interviews at the business site. The project culminates in a presentation by the students to the business team and Rockwood staff.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do you look for in a candidate for an internship?
What career areas are offered by the PIE Internship program?
When would I need to have my summer schedule available?
Who do I call if I’m having trouble with my application?
What if I decide that I no longer want to participate after I have applied? Or after I’ve interviewed?
Are you Interested in Hosting an Intern?
Hosting a summer intern is a great opportunity for businesses and organizations to give back to their community by helping prepare students for future career paths. Here's what we ask of our business partners:
- Collaborate with the Internship Program Manager to outline student activities.
- Provide interns with an on-site orientation and experience overview.
- Act as a mentor, resource, and advisor for the intern(s).
- Attend the intern's end-of-summer presentation
- Enjoy the experience!