Arrival/ Dismissal Procedures
Drop off and Pick up
For safety, there will be a staff member assisting the “drop-off” lanes, several staff members supervising the buses, and staff members in the rotunda and hallways.
As car riders arrive at the KME parking lot, staff members will be guiding you to the four designated lanes in the lower parking lot. Starting at 8:50 a.m., a staff member will allow students from Lane 1 to exit their car and enter the building. Once lane one is “all clear’ we will block off Lane 1 and allow for students in Lane 2 to exit their cars. We will follow this procedure until all lanes are clear. Lane 1 will always be dismissed first. Please do not allow your child to exit the car until your lane receives the okay from a staff member. See the picture below.
All students will enter through the MAIN ENTRANCE.
The bus lane is strictly for buses. It is also our fire lane, so there is no parking at any time in the bus/fire lane. Buses will unload starting at 9:00 a.m.
Students who are eating breakfast will enter the building at 8:50 a.m. and wait in the cafeteria with a staff member until the first bell at 9:00 a.m.
All students are to arrive before 9:10 a.m., our start time.
Dismissal Changes - Effective MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20
We continue to make changes to our procedures with the intention of a safe and timely dismissal. Beginning on Monday, September 20, we will add a 5th row to the dismissal lanes. This should help alleviate the traffic on Kehrs Mill Road and allow our buses to get onto the lot sooner, ultimately resulting in our Kehrs Mill kiddos getting home as quickly as possible.
- Please review the map below.
- Our teachers and staff will be walking the students through the lines, so PLEASE DO NOT EXIT YOUR VEHICLE FOR ANY REASON!
- It is also important to turn your engines off while staff and students are walking through the rows of vehicles.
- We will no longer be having rows of A-L or M-Z. We will only have 5 lines.
- Please pull up as much as possible so we can maximize the room we have on the lot.
- Please arrive to school on time to pick up your children. With this new system, we will no longer have "waves" of cars pulling into the lot.
These changes will go into effect on Monday, September 20.