Looking for a way to give back? Do YOU like to help others?
Enrich the lives of others by becoming a volunteer with our adult education program! As a volunteer you can:
- Help adults learn to read, write, or improve their math skills in our high school equivalency classes.
- Engage in conversation with a non-native English speaker.
- Prepare students for American customs and citizenship.
Training is provided, and there are opportunities to work one-on-one or in small groups.. Volunteer opportunities are available in the Parkway, Rockwood, Hazelwood, Pattonville, Clayton, Brentwood, and Maplewood Richmond Heights school districts. Call 314-415-4941 for more information.
If you are interested in being a volunteer tutor, please contact Christy Hernandez by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 314-415-4941. You do not need to be a certified teacher. Training is provided.
Types of Classes Available
English as a Second Language (ESL) - volunteer positions are available to help students read, write, and speak English, prepare for the citizenship interview and function in our society.
Basic Skills/High School Equivalency (HSE) - volunteer positions are available to help students improve basic reading, writing, math and language skills, prepare students for the HiSET (formerly GED) exam and improve workplace skills.
- High school diploma or high school equivalency
- Non-judgmental attitude
- Attend tutor training.
- Complete background check forms.
- Commit to volunteering once a week for 2- 3 hours.
About Our Teachers
Our FREE Adult Education & Literacy classes are taught by more than 60 certified teachers throughout the St. Louis area.