We will be using Zoom for online classes. Zoom is an easy-to-use video conferencing program used by many schools and organizations.
What You Need
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone with audio and/or video capabilities.
- An internet browser or the Zoom desktop client or mobile app. Download and install the Zoom app or desktop client for your platform.
- You do not need to sign up for a zoom account to attend online classes.
How To Use Zoom
- Your instructor will email you the invitation to join your class meeting approximately one hour before the first class. The email will be sent to the email address used to register for the class.
- You will click a link included in that invitation to join the class at the scheduled class time.
- More tutorials on using Zoom can be found at https://support.zoom.us, or test your functionality at https://zoom.us/test
- If you are having trouble accessing the class, contact us at email@example.com.
- If you are finding your home network has delays or interruptions, you can turn off your video function and just listen and speak.
How to access a Zoom meeting using just a phone (no video):
- Call 415-762-9988 or 646-568-7788 and follow verbal instructions
- Enter the meeting ID followed by the # key
- You will be asked to enter your participant ID. If you do not know your participant ID, simply press the # key.
- You have now joined the zoom meeting using audio only.
Student Guidelines and Expectations for Virtual Meetings
- Do not share meeting links with anyone outside of the class group.
- Sign in to Zoom with your full name. Teachers will only admit students whose names they recognize.
- Turn your camera on and have your camera at eye level.
- Mute your microphone when not talking.
- If you are finding your home network is spotty/lagging, you can turn off your video feed.
- Inform others in your household that you are on a video course, so they know that if they walk in the room, they will be on camera. (Even if you navigate away from the video by searching for something on an Internet browser.)
- If the instructor is speaking and you don’t want to interrupt, most platforms have a chat window. This is a great way to get your question down (so you don’t forget it), without interrupting the class.