Groups that reserve the Bable Outdoor Education Center (OEC) for their use have several meal options available:
Groups can provide their own food either by bringing in prepared food or using the available equipment located in the Recreation Hall, Dining Hall, or outdoor grills. Please note: this DOES NOT include kitchen access. In order to reserve access to the kitchen space and any equipment located inside the kitchen (countertops, walk-in refrigerators or other kitchen equipment, a contract must be signed and a fee paid to Rockwood School District Child Nutrition Services. (See option 2 for more details).
Available equipment includes:
- Dining Hall: Two free-standing refrigerators, freezer access, a toaster, and a microwave. There is a large stainless steel sink near the bathrooms for washing dishes and a large storage closet for food and supplies. Trays, cups, utensils, and bowls are available for rent.
- Recreation Hall: A four-burner stove-top (no oven), a refrigerator, a microwave, and a toaster. There are cubbies and cabinets for food and supply storage.
2. Self-Catered with Kitchen Rental
Groups may rent the kitchen space or equipment per meal or per day for the length of their stay. Kitchen rental requests must be made to Rockwood School District Child Nutrition Services (see option 3).
Rental options include:
- Kitchen Storage/Counter Use: contact us for 2021 rate (Equipment NOT included.)
- Full Kitchen Rental (per-meal rate): contact us for 2021 rate (Daily storage rate will be added if materials are kept in the kitchen between meals.)
- Full Kitchen Rental (daily rate): contact us for 2021 rate (Daily storage rate will be added if materials are kept in the kitchen on days when meals are not prepared.)
3. Rockwood Food Service
Rockwood School District Child Nutrition Services can provide nutritious and tasty meals for groups of 50 or more during their stay at Babler OEC (for groups fewer than 50, food service may be available if the gruop agrees to pay for 50 meals). Meals are expertly prepared on-site by caring staff members in the professional kitchen. Groups can enjoy a wide range of choices, from a continental breakfast to a roast turkey and stuffing dinner, from pizza for lunch to s’mores for dessert! Meals are priced per person, per meal, and served cafeteria-style. View our current food service menu. The final menu for your group will be decided upon by the group leader and kitchen manager prior to the group’s arrival.
- Food service must be arranged by contacting Starr Giammanco, Babler OEC Kitchen Manager, (636) 733-3259 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 30 days in advance of your stay.
- Food service is billed separately from Babler OEC rental charges and will require a separate deposit.
- User group MUST notify Rockwood School District Child Nutrition Services of any changes in the number of meals requested up to 14 days prior to arrival. No changes will be available after 14 days prior to arrival. The user group will be financially responsible for the estimated number of meals on the Guaranteed Number Form or the number of people actually served, whichever is greater.