Overwhelming evidence demands that schools complement the focus on academics with the development of the social and emotional skills and competencies that are equally essential for students to thrive in school, career, and life.
With this evidence in mind, the Rockwood School District Student Services Department will continue to offer the RSD THRIVE Learning Series for the 2018-19 school year.
RSD THRIVE is designed to re-envision what constitutes success in our schools by exploring how Rockwood can fully integrate social, emotional, and academic development to support the whole student.
The series is open to ALL employees! Your building administrator must be contacted for approval to attend all workshops.
College credit may be earned.
RSD THRIVE Learning Series
The RSD THRIVE learning series will focus on:
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Restorative Practices
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Self-Care for Educators
- School Safety, 4E training
- Equity and Inclusion
- Universal Behavior Supports
- Yoga and Mindfulness in the Classroom
RSD THRIVE Learning Outcomes
- Create a basic awareness of social, emotional and character development
- Broaden our understanding of the struggles students have regarding social, emotional and character development
- Clarify our understanding of common terminology relating to social, emotional and character development
- Identify best practices and potential successful strategies that all staff member can use to support students social emotional and character development
- Highlight new approaches that Rockwood schools are currently implementing in the areas of social, emotional and character
- For more information, please see the dates of workshops or visit SolutionWhere to register.