Monthly CPiP Meetings for community members
Our coalition meets the 2nd Thursday of the month on Zoom. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom information.What Does the Science Say?Understanding Cannabis (and What Parents, Guardians, and Other Adults Need to Know)Tuesday, May 31, 6-7pm on Zoom
- How is cannabis in 2022 different from the 1970s, 1980s, or 1990s?
- How can cannabis affect sleep quality, and what does that mean on subsequent days?
- How does cannabis affect mental health?
- How addictive is cannabis, and what are withdrawal symptoms people could experience when they stop using?
- How long after cannabis use should someone wait before driving?
Hear the answers to these questions and more, plus get your questions answered as we look at the recent science related to cannabis use (and what it means in our communities).Register for Zoom here: https://rsdmo-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAsf-qoqjwoGNzL_2Mv2KaLF4lf_MO1xMKgPresentation by Dr. Jason Kilmer. Dr. Kilmer is an Associate Professor in Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences at the University of Washington School of Medicine. He has been a part of several studies evaluating prevention and intervention efforts for alcohol, cannabis, and other drug use among adolescents and young adults. Jason has provided expertise to several national initiatives focused on college health and has presented to students or professional staff on 120 campuses nationwide. Jason was the 2014 recipient of the National Prevention Network’s Award of Excellence for outstanding contributions to the field of prevention and was also the 2017 recipient of the Washington State Prevention Professional Award of Excellence.