Parent Educator of the Year
The Rockwood Early Childhood Department is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the Parent Educator of the Year award intended to honor a parent educator whose practices exemplify the mission of Parents as Teachers National Center.
Each nominee must be a certified parent educator who has worked in Rockwood for at least three years.
This individual will have:
- Demonstrated that they are a lifelong learner
- Successfully engaged and retained families on his/her caseload
- Exhibited cultural sensitivity and respect for the families in the program
- Demonstrated team spirit and leadership
- Demonstrated passion for PAT families and peers
- Demonstrated that they are a strong advocate for PAT
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
Information Needed for Nomination
- Name of nominated parent educator
- Name of person making the nomination
- Date of nomination
- A typed narrative (no more than 300 words) describing the nominee’s exceptional contributions to and accomplishments in the field of early childhood development and family support as suggested and reflected in the above description. Not every qualification needs to be described in the narrative.
- The nomination for the Parent Educator of the Year award may be submitted by anyone working in Rockwood’s Early Childhood Department or by a PAT family who receives home visits.
- Please turn in your nominations to Stephanie Kane by Friday, March 31 at 5:00pm.
- Nominations may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Eureka Early Childhood Center, Attn: Stephanie Kane, 442 West Fourth Street, Eureka, MO 63025.