Visiting Our Schools
Rockwood School District is implementing a new visitor management system in 2022, called SchoolPass. This new security system offers a fast, simple way to electronically register and review individuals who visit our schools and it will streamline our check-in process.
Providing safe, secure schools is always a priority for Rockwood. We will continue to use the following safety practices:
- Door-access technology requires visitors to buzz-in to the school office before entering the school.
- Visitor check-in centers are located at the entrance of our school.
- Security cameras monitor the building and parking lots.
- School resource officers are assigned to each of our secondary schools and also spend time patrolling our elementary schools.
- All exterior doors are locked.
- All visitors wear identification badges.
Please note the following additional safety protocols:
- Visitors will be asked to provide a driver's license when they arrive at the school check-in center.
- Our building attendant will verify the license, and the system will check them against the National Sex Offender List.
- When the visitor has been verified and screened, the system will create a customized badge that includes the name, date, time and destination in the building.
- The visitor will wear this badge while in the building, allowing for easy identification of all guests.
- Additionally, every Rockwood parent will receive a digital ID prior to the start of the school year that they can choose to store on their phone to further streamline the check-in process.