Math Class Norms
Rockwood elementary teachers have embraced the "growth mindset" approach to teaching mathematics. It's about taking time, encouraging progress, and accepting and learning from mistakes. With this concept, everyone can learn math at high levels.
- Everyone can learn math to high levels!
- Believe in yourself, it changes what you can do!
- Math is about creativity and making sense!
- Mistakes and challenges are the best times for your brain!
- Math is about learning, not performing!
- Questions and discussions deepen your mathematical understanding!
- Visualize and make connections to strengthen your brain!
- Depth is more important than speed!