FREE Screening of Addiction is Real's film DON'T WAIT
February 1-March 2, 2021
The prevention film, DON’T WAIT, was created to provide parents with the knowledge and empowerment to immediately start implementing drug prevention in
their home. Parents can’t afford to ignore the pressures their children face to try drugs and alcohol. From school hallways to social media to pop culture, your child lives in a world that encourages substance use.
Parents of Rockwood students can view the film DON'T WAIT from Addiction is Real for FREE online. To stream the film:
1.) Go to https://vimeo.com/ondemand/dontwaitpromo
2.) Click on “Rent $10.00” (don't worry, it's free)
3.) You will be asked to log in or to create a Vimeo account by entering your name, email, and password.
4.) Enter the Promo Code: RSD2021
Through interviews with parents, drug prevention experts, and one brave mother sharing her son’s story, DON’T WAIT offers you insights on:
- Why it’s essential to talk to your kids early and often about the dangers of drugs and alcohol
- How to best approach these conversations based on your child’s age
- How and why 90% of addiction develops during the teenage years
- Proactive measures you can take to prepare and protect your children from addiction
- What to do if you spot signs of drug and alcohol use in your child
- We appreciate that there are many important things you could do with your time.
We promise that this 52-minute film will be worth your time and attention. Now, more than ever, it is critical that parents/caregivers understand how to care for their children’s mental health, as well as recognize signs of risky behavior.
We encourage you to download the DON’T WAIT Discussion Guide that accompanies the film at https://www.addictionisreal.org/dont-wait-discussion-guide
. It provides further detail on age-appropriate talking points and provides research-based answers for difficult questions that your child may ask
during your conversations.
Thank you and we hope that you find the film valuable.