Project Interface is a unique, unpaid summer internship opportunity that places students in a specific career area and is offered to qualified Seniors in the Rockwood School District.
Project Interface provides students with career exploration opportunities while allowing them to gain practical real-world experience in a field of interest. It's a great opportunity for businesses and organizations to give back to their community by helping students to be better prepared for the future.
Students are partnered with a business professional in the students' area of interest. Students then complete a custom-designed project developed by Project Interface Program Managers with input from the business partner. The Project Design is written to benefit both the student and the business partner.
Successful students receive 1/2 of a CTE credit after documenting a minimum of 75 hours on their projects. The program includes student observation, research, meetings, and interviews at the business site. The project culminates in a presentation by the students to the business team and Rockwood staff.
What is the role of a Project Interface Business Partner?
- Collaborate with the PIE Project Interface Facilitator to develop a project design.
- Provide orientation and overview to students at the first on-site meeting.
- Act as a mentor, resource director and advisor for the team.
- Provide input with the students' final presentation.
- Attend the students' final presentation.
- Enjoy the experience!