What is Project Interface?
Project Interface is a unique, unpaid summer internship opportunity that places students in a career area of their interest. The program is offered to qualified Rockwood High School students the summer leading into their senior year of high school.
- Project Interface provides students with career exploration opportunities while allowing them to gain practical real-world experience in a field of interest.
- Students are partnered with a business professional in the students' area of interest. Students then complete a custom-designed project developed by Project Interface Program Managers with input from the business partner. The Project Design is written to benefit both the student and the business partner.
- Successful students receive 1/2 of a CTE credit after documenting a minimum of 75 hours on their projects. The program includes student observation, research, meetings, and interviews at the business site. The project culminates in a presentation by the students to the business team and Rockwood staff.
What are Students Saying About Project Interface?
Business Partners! Are you Interested in Hosting an Intern?
Hosting a summer intern is a great opportunity for businesses and organizations to give back to their community by helping students to be better prepared for the future. Here's what we ask of our business partners:
- Collaborate with the PIE Project Interface Facilitator to develop a project design.
- Provide orientation and overview to students at the first on-site meeting.
- Act as a mentor, resource director, and advisor for the team.
- Provide input with the students' final presentation.
- Attend the students' final presentation.
- Enjoy the experience!
Rockwood Juniors, Apply Here!
The Summer 2020 student application is now closed. If you have already applied, please make sure you request the teacher recommendation by 11/30.
As part of your application, you are required to have two teacher recommendations on file. Please share the link above with two teachers who know you well. Deadline: November 30th