What is Project Interface?
Project Interface is a unique, unpaid summer internship opportunity that places students in a career area of their interest. The program is offered to qualified Rockwood High School students the summer leading into their senior year of high school.
- Project Interface provides students with career exploration opportunities while allowing them to gain practical real-world experience in a field of interest.
- Students are partnered with a business professional in the students' area of interest. Students then complete a custom-designed project developed by Project Interface Program Managers with input from the business partner. The Project Design is written to benefit both the student and the business partner.
- Successful students receive 1/2 of a CTE credit after documenting a minimum of 75 hours on their projects. The program includes student observation, research, meetings, and interviews at the business site. The project culminates in a presentation by the students to the business team and Rockwood staff.
What do Project Interface Alum Have to Say About the Program?
Business Partners! Are you Interested in Hosting an Intern?
Hosting a summer intern is a great opportunity for businesses and organizations to give back to their community by helping students to be better prepared for the future. Here's what we ask of our business partners:
- Collaborate with the Project Interface Program Manager to develop a project design.
- Provide orientation and overview to students at the first on-site meeting.
- Act as a mentor, resource director, and advisor for the team.
- Provide input with the students' final presentation.
- Attend the students' final presentation.
- Enjoy the experience!
Rockwood Juniors, Apply Here!
The Summer 2021 student application is now closed. If you have already applied, please make sure you request the teacher recommendation by 11/30.
As part of your application, you are required to have two teacher recommendations on file. Please share the link above with two teachers who know you well.