Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Rockwood School District

Logo Title

Meal Accounts

A student choose their meal during National School Lunch Week

The meal account system is not a "charge" system. Parents are encouraged to send money with their child to be deposited in their meal account or deposit money on MySchoolBucks.

When writing out checks for your student's meal account, please include: name, address, phone number, student name and student I.D. Checks should be made payable to Rockwood Child Nutrition.

Child Nutrition Services will make every effort to ensure that parents/guardians of elementary students are contacted if additional money needs to be deposited in their account.

  • Child Nutrition Services will not make change for vending machines or provide change for student activities.
  • When making deposits to a meal account, the entire amount of the check or cash will be deposited to the student's meal account. No portion of the deposit can be given to the student or entered into another school account, such as an activity, field trip or book account.
  • Change will not be given at the register. Cash taken at the register will be deposited into the student's meal account.

Please review the Child Nutrition procedures for low balances in meal accounts.

USDA Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.