MySchoolBucks offers parents a secure system for school meals, along with other important features and benefits:
- 24/7 access to accounts and balances
- Secure online payments through credit/debit cards and checking accounts
- Scheduled recurring payments
- Automatic deposits when your child's account balance runs low
- One meal account per family will allow for easy management of funds
- Itemized purchase history up to 90 days can be viewed in your online account
- Automatic notification sent to email when balances are low
- The maximum amount parents can deposit per student is $300.
Parents will need to create an account the first time they use the system.
Online Payment Fee
MySchoolBucks will charge a payment fee when Rockwood parents use their credit card (VISA, MasterCard or Discover), check card or bank account on MySchoolBucks. The fee for credit card payment methods is $3.25 per deposit, for one or more students, and multiple schools. The fee for an electronic check payment is $2.75. The fee will be charged by Heartland Payment Systems.
As part of MySchoolBucks, Rockwood has implemented a biometric scanning system. This scanner identifies students by reading a fingerprint. The biometric software stores the fingerprint image as a calculated number, and then deletes the scan of the fingerprint in order to protect the identity of the student. Students simply press their finger on the scanner. The scanner matches the image to the calculated number, which connects the student to his or her payment account. Parents who prefer their child not participate in the biometric identification method must complete a form and return it to their school office.
New students to Rockwood will be added to the MySchoolBucks system as part of their enrollment. Incoming kindergarten students will enroll in biometrics in August during the school's open house/meet the teacher events. The MySchoolBucks system is flexible, and students will still be able to pay for meals using cash and/or student ID number to access their accounts. However, for the purposes of increased security and efficiency, the biometric scan is the preferred method. For more information, please contact Child Nutrition Services at (636) 733-3256.
- How can I get my student’s Student ID?
- I forgot my password. How can I get my password?
- What payment methods does MySchoolBucks accept?
- Is MySchoolBucks secure?
- What does it cost to use this service?
- Can the payment be used for other school fees?
- How long will it take for my deposit to show up in my child’s account?
- Can I make payments to multiple children’s accounts with one payment?
- When I view account history, it is blank. Why are there no transactions?
- How do I find out what my child has been buying for lunch?
- May I receive an email when my child's account balance is low?
- How will my child’s account be established in the system?
- Who should I contact if I have questions about a recent payment?