Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Rockwood School District

Logo Title


A Child Nutrition worker loads cartons of fresh milk into a cooler

Child Nutrition Services encourages families to provide adequate funds in their student's meal account. Negative meal account balances need to be paid in full by the end of the school year. Funds can be deposited anytime by sending cash or check to school with your child or by making a deposit online at the MySchoolBucks website.

All balances left in meal accounts at the end of the school year will automatically be carried forward for students continuing in any Rockwood School. If a student graduates or moves out of the school district, a refund can be requested. A transfer of funds to a sibling remaining in the Rockwood School District can also be requested.

How To Request a Refund

Notify the cafeteria manager, call (636) 733-3252, or submit to the cafeteria manager a signed note from a parent/guardian requesting a refund. Please include a student/staff ID number when requesting a refund. Refunds over $10.00 will be issued by a Rockwood School District check. A check will not be issued without complete parent information, including first and last name and address.

If the parent/guardian chooses to have a student pick up a cash refund for an amount less than $10.00, a signed note must be sent to the cafeteria manager giving the student permission to receive the refund if funds are available.

The dollar amount of the refund will reflect the funds available when the refund is processed.

Refunds must be requested within one school year.

Unclaimed funds will then become the property of Rockwood Child Nutrition Services and applied to the Random Acts of Kindness donation program for students in need who have negative balances in their meal accounts.

Families may also choose to donate the remaining meal account balance to a student in need within our district by contacting the Child Nutrition Services office at (636) 733-3252.

USDA Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.