Skip to Main Content
Rockwood School District
 Learn why Rockwood is a National District of Character! Rockwood Schools Named Among the Best Schools in 2020 by

111 East North Street, Eureka, MO 63025 | Phone (636) 733-2000 | Fax (636) 733-8851

Meal Account Balance Refund Procedure

​Child Nutrition Services encourages families to provide adequate funds in their student's meal account. Negative meal account balances need to be paid in full by the end of the school year. Funds can be deposited anytime by sending cash or check to school with your child or by making a deposit online at the MySchoolBucks website.

All balances left in meal accounts at the end of the school year will automatically be carried forward for students continuing in any Rockwood School. If a student graduates or moves out of the school district, a refund can be requested.

To request a refund of student meal account funds:

Notify cafeteria manager or call (636) 733-3252 or submit to the cafeteria manager a signed note from parent requesting the refund. Please include student ID number when requesting the refund. Refunds over $10.00 will be issued by Rockwood School District check. A check will not be issued without complete parent information, including first and last name and address.

If the parent/guardian chooses to have a student pick up a cash refund for an amount less than $10.00, a signed note must be sent to the cafeteria manager giving the student permission to receive the refund.​

The dollar amount of the refund will reflect the funds available when the refund is processed.

Refunds must be requested within one school year. Unclaimed funds will then become the property of Rockwood Child Nutrition Services and applied to the Random Acts of Kindness donation program for students in need who have negative balances in their meal accounts.

Families may also choose to donate the remaining meal account balance to a student in need within our district by contacting the Child Nutrition Services office at (636) 733-3252.​​

​USDA Non-discrimination Statement:

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the U​SDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.​

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)      mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

  Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

  1400 Independence Avenue, SW

  Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)      fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)      email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.​​​