Communication Mission, Goals and Strategies
Our mission is to support Rockwood's outstanding reputation for excellence by promoting transparent and strategic communication, fostering connections and extending our reach to hear the voices of all district patrons in order to have a positive impact on all Rockwood students. We believe that we have a responsibility to communicate effectively with our constituents, that meaningful public engagement supports our goals and that communication:
- Is a two-way process involving both internal and external patrons;
- Is the responsibility of every Rockwood employee;
- Supports teaching and learning;
- And helps increase student achievement.
The Department of Communications provides leadership, counsel and training in order to accomplish
the following communication goals:
- Define goals and execute plans that result in an integrated communications plan aligned to Rockwood's Comprehensive School Improvement Plan, The Way Forward.
- Coordinate strategies that deliver clear, timely and accurate information so our communities understand and support Rockwood public education.
- Improve two-way communication and employee engagement.
- Produce professional quality videos that tell Rockwood's story.
- Ensure our schools have the support to communicate effectively with their community.
- Develop and maintain an online presence that connects all areas of the Rockwood community.
- Administer all web-based services for Rockwood Communications.
- Manage print production schedules and ensure a high satisfaction rate of district print services.