The communications coordinator works to build trust and support between our school district and the public we serve through a quality communication program. The coordinator will develop and implement a systematic effort to communicate with the public through strong content and effective mediums.
Coordinate strategies that deliver clear, timely and accurate information so our patrons understand and support Rockwood and public education in general.
- Research, analyze, orchestrate and evaluate communication to align with the strategic plan of the Rockwood School District.
- Review and determine needs, define goals and recommend plans needed to carry out a coordinated communications program consisting of print, broadcast and electronic communications.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content that builds meaningful connections with Rockwood audiences through web content, social media, electronic newsletters and print publications.
- Develop a departmental editorial calendar integrating content from communication team members, school news and district information.
- Maintain a positive media relations program to enhance the district’s reputation on local, state and national levels.
- Build and implement a social media strategy based upon competitive research, messaging and audience identification.
- Prepare and disseminate materials and coordinate interaction with members of the news media, department, school district staff and the general public in presenting information.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, accelerate news release turnaround times, streamline processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service.
Quarterly review social media analytics, website page views and unique visitors and media placements.