The Rockwood School District operates in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, or FERPA. This law allows students and parents to opt- out of the release of certain information about students including photographs. A school may disclose directory information to anyone, without consent, if it has given parents:
- general notice of the information it has designated as "directory information,"
- the right to opt-out of these disclosures, and,
- the period of time they have to notify the school of their desire to opt-out.
The Rockwood School Board, in Regulation 2400, has identified FERPA directory information to include:
- Student name
- Student birth date
- Address of the student
- Phone number of the student
- Grade level
- Major field of study
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Weight and height of members of athletic teams
- Dates of attendance
- Most previous school attended
- Email addresses of parent/guardian
Information that is not released:
- Educational record (except information designated by the district as directory information)
- Student health information
Sending Photos to Local Media
The communications department is happy to help you send photos to local media. Please
contact the communications department with events needing a photographer.
If the communications department cannot make it to the event, please designate a photographer
at your school. Send the photos to the communications department for distribution to local media.