Social media may be used as an important communications tool. By 2023, there will be an estimated 257 million social network users in the United States. Most of these users are accessing Facebook and X (formerly known as Twitter) using their mobile device.
In Rockwood, we use social media as another way to communicate with parents, staff and the community. We use engaging content to drive parents to our Rockwood websites every day.
Having a Facebook page or an X account isn't mandatory in Rockwood. However, if you are interested in actively engaging with your parents via social media, the communications department is here to help you!
- Take a Picture: a post accompanied by a photo is ten times more likely to get engagement.
- Share a Link: direct people to your announcements.
- Be concise: posts below 250 characters get 60 percent more engagement.
- Take a picture and get 150 percent more reposts.
- Share a link and get 86 percent more reposts.
- Use hashtags carefully; more than two will decrease your repost rate.
- Keep your professional and personal accounts separate. Know how your smartphone apps work!
- Comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Align all posts with Policy and Regulation 4812.
- Monitor your feed and delete any inappropriate activity.