Once a flyer is submitted, it will be automatically sent to the Rockwood Communications Department for approval. Your flyer will be reviewed and the material approved or denied based on the standards below.
- Activities must be educationally sound and of direct benefit to students.
- Flyers must take into account the age or maturity of students in the intended audience.
- Materials or advertisements must support the mission and vision of the district.
Flyer approval does not constitute endorsement. The Rockwood School District reserves the right to rescind approval for any organization or person, if a complaint is received or if the organization is found to be in violation of district policy, regulations, practices and procedures.
Materials that may be approved:
- Information from non-school sponsored youth sports and recreation activities offered in our community.
- Information from municipal, government agencies in our community that are not political in nature.
- Organizations providing educational or enrichment services that may directly benefit students.
- Organizations offering discounts to Rockwood employees (these are posted on the district's intranet site, which is only accessible by Rockwood staff).
Materials that may be prohibited when determined that it is inconsistent with or in violation of Rockwood School Board Policies and Regulations, including the following:
- Are obscene to minors.
- Are libelous.
- Advertise any product or service not permitted to minors by law.
- Are intended for adults (unless it is submitted for Rockwood employees).
- Constitute insulting or fighting words, the very expression of which injures or harasses other people (e.g., threats of violence, defamation of character or of a person's race, religion or ethnic origin).
- Present a clear and present likelihood that, either because of their content or their manner of distribution, they will cause a material and substantial disruption of the proper and orderly operation and discipline of the school or school activities or will cause the commission of unlawful acts or the violation of lawful school procedures.
- In addition, the district will not allow materials that are contrary to exclusivity contracts, USDA regulations, state and federal regulations, or other Rockwood Board policies and regulations.
Peachjar flyers are only distributed on days when students are in school. Please consult the district calendar to see when students attend school and what days they do not. Peachjar flyers are distributed daily during the August through May school year. Flyers are distributed one day per week during the summer months of June and July.
Rockwood does not endorse any particular group that distributes literature through Peachjar. The postings may be independent of and not affiliated with nor administered by the Rockwood School District or the Rockwood Board of Education. The views, opinions and programs listed, therefore, do not necessarily represent those of the Rockwood School District.