Thank you for your interest in substitute teaching with the Rockwood School District.
In order for your file to be considered, the following must be completed:
1. Applicants who possess a valid MO teaching certificate
(other than Career Ed/Vocational) that is not expired, please complete the online Certified Staff Application on SearchSoft
. On the SearchSoft Employment Preferences Page indicate your interest in "Substitute Teacher." Then, skip to step 4 below to continue the application process.
- If you currently hold a valid MO substitute certificate, skip to step 3 below to continue.
- If you do not currently hold a valid MO substitute certificate or hold a Career Ed/Vocational certificate, please begin with Step 2.
2. Visit the DESE website
and complete the substitute certification process.
4. On the application in the "Confidential References" section, be sure to list your last employer/supervisor INCLUDING his/her email address. They must complete the online reference form.
5. Attach photocopies of valid MO teaching certificate or Substitute teaching certificate to your application in the attachment section.
An administrator will review your file after it is complete. You will then be notified whether or not to schedule an interview. If you have any questions regarding your application file or the hiring process, please call (636) 733-2044.