For certified positions, principals will first consider internal applicants. If needed, principals will screen the online external applicants and choose the candidates for building interviews that match the criteria for their openings. Building interviews can be a phone interview or an in-person interview. Types of interviews may be with the principal and/or assistant principal, a committee, a team of teachers, counselors and other certified staff in addition to the building principal.
After the successful candidate has been selected, a recommendation will be sent to the Human Resources Department. The finalist, when chosen, will receive an offer from the Human Resources and a recommendation will be taken to the Board of Education for approval. Unsuccessful candidates who interview in our process will be contacted to let them know that the position has been filled.
Our friends at TeachMO have free tools and resources to make applying for a teacher preparation program—and becoming a classroom teacher—easier! Create an account today and immediately access:
- Interactive application checklists to keep you on track.
- $100 fee reimbursement towards any of your application and testing expenses.
- 1-on-1 expert advice for any question along the way.
- How-to guides for eligibility, applications, testing and finances.
- A chance to win a $1,000 scholarship toward tuition.