Medical Plans for Under 65
Retirees under 65 have two choices for their medical plan: the Cigna Green Plan and the Cigna Tan High Deductible Plan. Pharmacy coverage for both plans is through Express Scripts.
Neither of these plans requires the election of a primary care physician or the need to obtain referrals for specialized care. Both plans provide 100% coverage for well-care when using in-network providers. Both plans utilize the same network of physicians.
However, there are differences in how the plans work and your out of pocket expenses.
- Highest premiums
- Low deductible
- Once the deductible is met, the plan pays 80% coinsurance.
- Copays for office visits, but copays do not go toward meeting the deductible. Copays do go toward meeting the Out of Pocket Max.
- Highest Out of Pocket Max (OPM)
- Lowest Premiums
- High deductible plan qualifies you for a Health Savings Account.
- Once the deductible is met, the plan pays 90% coinsurance.
- Only copays are for prescriptions. You pay a copay for prescriptions after you reach your deductible.
- Lowest Out of Pocket Max (OPM)
Cigna is no longer mailing out ID cards unless you call them and request one or visit the MyCigna Customer Portal website. Once you have logged in, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Get an ID Card.
Whenever possible, generics provide the most economical way to fill your prescriptions.
Rockwood uses the Smart90 program through Express Scripts. To fill maintenance medications and receive the discount, you have the option of filling through home delivery from Express Scripts Pharmacy or at a participating retail pharmacy, but it must be a 90-day supply. You will be allowed to fill a 30-day supply of your maintenance medicine two times. After that, you will be required to fill your medication at a 90-day supply. If you continue to fill a 30-day supply, then you will be responsible for 100 percent of the cost of the medication. When filling a 90-day supply, you receive copay savings.
Rockwood offers retirees a Medicare Advantage Plan for retirees once they are eligible for Medicare.