When the Rockwood School District experiences inclement weather conditions, safety is the most important consideration.
When a school closing, or early school dismissal due to inclement weather, is determined, our superintendent will use ParentSquare to send voice and text messages to Rockwood parents and secondary students informing them of the decision to cancel classes.
In addition, parents and secondary students who have downloaded the ParentSquare app can receive a push notification. They can also find accurate information about district school closings on the Rockwood website and Rockwood's social media sites:
- Rockwood.School.District on Facebook
- @RockwoodSchools on X (formerly Twitter)
- RockwoodSchoolDistrict on Instagram
We will inform the following radio and television stations of school closings for them to broadcast:
- How is the decision made to cancel school due to inclement weather?
- Where can parents find information about school closings?
- Will snow days be virtual learning days?
- What if bad weather arrives when children are in school?
- Will all after-school activities be canceled if school is closed?
- What can parents do to help their students and schools prepare?
- What if my child is at the Center for Creative Learning when school is dismissed?