Tips for Chromebooks
Please note the following information shared with students:
- Stressed the need for brain breaks - periods of time without being tied to an electronic device.
- Encouraged students to show their parents things they are doing with their Chromebook.
- Explained parents have rules for device usage in their home and that the kids need to follow them.
- Told them it is OK to share their passwords with their parents but not with friends.
- Reminded them that parents care about their well-being and have the right and responsibility to know and understand what they are doing online.
- Shared the Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA) and Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
- Explained that parents are able to request Internet usage reports through their principal.